Welcome
Hi, er, welcome.
One question, how did you get here?
Sorry about the time and date. They are all wrong.
Anybody have any ideas on how to fix it?





Profile
Human/Alien, possibly a Jedi, wielding a standing lamp post, wearing Lady Gaga's outfits. Likes to eat tar, nicotine, petroleum, and gives off carbon dioxide, which explains the global warming. Cheers. P.S. Why am I surprised I'm not human?


Clock

The Big Red Button


Archives

[January 2010]


Sunday, January 17, 2010
My interest is...(english hw) c0mments!
Hi, I'm back again. Today, I'm going to start off with another topic: my interest. Tell me first, do any of you like to play video games? Well, I do, and like my earlier post, I like to play shooter games, or any games that includes a shooting element, and role-playing games. Like I said before, I like playing science fiction and fantasy games, so games that fall in to science fiction or fantasy games, most of the time fall into either shooter or role playing, or maybe both. Take a game called “Mass Effect”, it is actually a science fiction shooter game that also incorporates some role playing too. This enhances the games playing experience and hence, its popularity.

Back to the point, gaming, to me is a hobby, a great one at that, although my parents don’t think so. Actually, most adults do, with the few exceptions of those that DO like gaming. They think that as children and students, we should concentrate on our studies, so that when we grow up, we can have a successful career, and playing video games are in no way, beneficial and instead, only hampers the children’s ability to learn and study. Maybe, the reason they are so negative towards it is that they did not have video games in their childhood, as they only became all the rage since the start of the 21th century.

My favourite games are Assassin’s Creed 2 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, although I have many more games and also play my Halo series occasionally. The beauty of these games is that they have an intense storyline, especially Call of Duty and Halo. The Modern Warfare series has won over ten awards due to its engaging storyline and game play. Although I do not play that much, as I can only play on weekends and during then, only sparingly, I am still not bad at those games, especially Modern Warfare 2(Mod War 2). I generally play that game on Xbox live, since I have completed the campaign, and I love to feel the thrill of the game when I compete with players around the globe.

Also, I’m able to CONTROL myself when gaming. This is one important quality most gamers lack. CONTROL is to stop at a prearranged time, CONTROL is to not go overboard with playing, and CONTROL is also what you need to make sure you do not day dream about your games when studying. That is why the absolute most amount of time I have gamed in my entire life straight, is a mere FOUR hours. That’s right; to really hardcore gamers this is only a short span of time, more like four minutes than four hours to them.

However, I cannot go and buy new games myself. My parents restrict me from doing that, lest I go overboard in saving my money and starving myself etc. They say that a healthy body is more important than games, and I totally agree. That’s why only they can buy games for me, and only when I earn them, like when I do well in my studies etc.

To end this post, I will hereby congratulate Bungie, Infinity Ward, Ubisoft for all the effort put in to create these great games.


I Played @ 1:49 AM